Your Health is the best place to start self-improvement. After all, your health is one of the most important aspects of life. Taking care of your health is the first step on the road to self-improvement.
- Eat breakfast- start the day off right with a quick morning breakfast. Fruit and yogurt, granola and milk or whole-wheat toast and peanut butter will ensure you start on the right foot.
- Relax in the morning- get up a couple minutes early and enjoy that extra time. Enjoy a cup of coffee or juice while watching the sun rise; take a few extra minutes to yourself in the shower; or go for a quick brisk walk around the block to get your heart pumping. There’s nothing worse than starting your day in a rush. A few minutes in the morning can make a world of difference.
- Exercise with a friend- Exercise releases endorphins, which can lift your spirit as well as help you maintain a healthy weight. However, sometimes it can be hard to get out of bed and actually hit the gym. Combining your workout with a friend can make exercise much more fun. Working out with a friend, whether this is a morning stroll, a spin class, an evening run or anything else, can keep you motivated and revved for the rest of the day.
- Don’t just drink water, enjoy water- tap water is fine, in most instances, but filtered water can make a big difference. It’s important to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water each day; however, this shouldn’t seem like a chore. Add some ice cubes, fresh lemon juice and enjoy water through a fun straw to make it more indulgent. Water doesn’t have to be just water.
- Take a multi-vitamin a day- it’s amazing what one little vitamin can do for your health. Multi-vitamins can give your body the nourishment it is lacking. We can’t eat perfect balanced and healthy all the time, vitamins can help provide some of the things we missed in our meals.
- Aim for 30 a day – 30 minutes of exercise each day is recommended by health professionals. This includes simple changes to your lifestyle like incorporating a walk into your evening activities, taking the stairs instead of the elevator or, if you can, ride your bike to work once and a while.
- Stretch – stretching can keep your muscles feeling relaxed and also helps to relieve stress. Don’t force it, take your time and allow your muscles to gently relax and stretch.
- Make better food choices – add a salad to your lunch and/or dinner every day. Eat a piece of fresh fruit for a snack instead of cookies or chips. Realize it’s o.k. to leave some food on your plate.
- De-stress daily – remaining healthy is not just about go, go, go. You also need to stop, relax and re-stress. Stress is unavoidable at some times. The best way to deal with stress is to push away from it for a few minutes, let your body relax, and then tackle it head on.
- Limit your alcohol intake- having a glass of wine with dinner is fine; however, when you are drinking a bottle of wine a night, or, even worse, binge drinking, then you are causing serious damage to your body. If you are going to drink, drink responsibility. Make sure you have a designated driver or cab ride and drink plenty of water throughout the night.
Taking some time each day to help yourself is a good thing. Your health is the most important thing you have, it impacts every area of your life. If the tips above seem overwhelming, take one at a time and incorporate them into your daily routine. Big changes happen when you consistently make small changes.
If you need some extra help in making healthy changes, hypnosis can be a powerful tool in helping you move in the right direction. Feel free to contact Life Change Hypnosis Clinic for more information.